This easy chicken salad recipe is one of those creamy and dreamy gluten free recipes that you will want to have on a regular basis. It goes well by itself as a side or you could put it on your favorite toasted bread.
There is no wrong way to consume this easy chicken salad recipe!
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe Additions
The great thing about chicken salad is how versatile you can make it. The ingredients listed below are really just the foundation for your favorite chicken salad.
You notice in the notes that you can add some sliced black olives. These would give it a nice salty taste. Use your discretion and add as much or as little as you’d like.
Adding some Jalapeño would also be a great addition. Take some pickled jalapeños and chop them up. The amount you all will be determined by how much heat you can take. Personally, I’m a softy when it comes to heat, but pickled jalapeños are just right for me. Any hotter and I’m tapping out!
Mix up the Mustard
I use traditional yellow mustard in the easy chicken salad recipe, but do feel limited. If there is a dijon or spicy mustard that you like, then give that one a shot.
The great thing about mixing the mayo, ACV, and mustard separately is you can slowly add the ingredients and taste it as you go. Once you get it right where you want it, pour that sucker on the chicken!
Ingredients Used in This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
Here is just a quick rundown of the brands I used for this particular recipe:
- Chicken is chicken, so you can precook whatever type of chicken you want. Canned chicken may work, but I like the chicken breast chopped up.
- Mayo was Dukes. I really like their creaminess. Nothing wrong with some other big brands, it’s just my preference.
- ACV was Bragg’s. You don’t need a lot, but this give it a little twang!
- Yellow Mustard was French’s. They make good stuff and are a common household name. Feel free to use whatever mustard you prefer
Aimee’s the Best!
The genesis of this recipe came from my wife Aimee. She’s the best! We were making lunch one day and were trying to use what we had left in the refrigerator. She whipped this up based on what she thought would taste good.
She was right! knocked it out of the park!
Give this easy chicken salad recipe a try and let me know what you think.
If you are looking for more great gluten free recipes, go over to my gluten free recipes page and see what else you may fall in love with!
easy chicken salad recipe
- 4 cups Chicken chopped chicken breast works best
- 1/2 cup Chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Yellow mustard you can use any mustard you like
- 1/4 cup Relish
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Black Olives Bonus if you have them!
- Pickled Jalapeno Bonus if you want to add a little heat (chopped)
Combine the chicken, onion, and relish into your serving bowl
In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, ACV, and mustard, then stir.
Pour the mayo mix into your serving bowl and combine with chicken